
Okay, I'm here in Idaho again. And I'm dyin' to get going. But if I've learned anything in my life, it's that if something is worth doing, it's worth taking the time to do it right.
(Things aren't exactly clickin' along at the pace I want, but you have to understand.. I'm impatient and impetuous about this.. I've got to learn to not be too overzealous. Slow down, take your time.. don't get too excited. Value and treat those around you like they deserve.)
Sorry if I come off a little (or more) overbearing. I really do try. It's just I'm learning to control this pseudo manic tendency of mine to throw all my energy into something with the force of 45 tons per square inch, and it tends to make me act rashly. I'm also starting to recognize that it's really wearing me out! Ugh. One too many geniuses (the ancient meaning).
So besides the fact that my (unrealistic) expectations haven't come through in the last two and half days of me being here, everything else is going great! I'm doing okay festering here in the north country.. the weather is gorgeous, and I can be patient.
Oh, and I've got some wonderful people that have responded to my appeal for furnishings. Thank you for being generous and thoughtful. I will post a link to the things we are still looking for in the right column. Thanks a ton everybody.
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Hurry up and wait
Posted by
thirdofeight
at
3:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment